Thursday, October 15, 2009

June/July

Ok so I am once again behind on this blog thing. Plus I have not found help with the posting pictures thing yet, and now everyone is sick so that is on hold again.

After our wild summer vacations we settled into swimming lessons. We did four weeks total five days a week. Emma got to move up to the level that takes for an hour and is in the ten foot deep water. She was the youngest in her class. She was so happy and did really well. She is going to do that level again to work on endurance. I was tired just watching them do laps of all the strokes. Tyler went up a level and worked really hard on side breathing. He made great progress and will continue to work on that level again for endurance and self confidence with the side breathing. Mason sat with me the first two weeks. He wanted to swim so bad!!! So the second two weeks I gave in and signed him up for a mommy and me shrimp class. At first I thought oh man I have wasted my money when all they did was let the kids play. But by the end of two weeks he was going under the water, blowing bubbles, and putting his ears in the water. All things he wouldn't do before. They all had the chance to jump off the diving board at the end of lessons. Mason said he was even going to do it. He DID!!! as he would say he did it with a life jacket on. Next year he can go to a class by himself and mom get's to stay dry:-)
I wish we had fun teachers for swimming lessons. Ammon pool does a wonderful job. Signing up is a pain but worth it.

1 comment:

Jess said...

We loved Ammon swimming lessons too while we were there. I thought they were worth the money and the kids had lots of fun too! Good to hear from you guys!